Saturday, November 19, 2016

Buy the Road to Damascus for 2,970 Dollars!

Seriously, you can.



I don't know if it's worth that much but I'm surprised it's still available, one way or another.

I love the phrase 'the road to Damascus'.

I don't know what my all-time favourite phrase is. I like "softly falling snow" very much. I like "the cold light of day" very much. I like "down Memory Lane" very much.

And I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now, but "the road to Damascus" is certainly one of my all-time favourite phrases.

Come to think of it, I like any phrase or title which begins "the road to...", such as The Road to Wigan Pier

It's a good book, too. 

The title is ironic, as a quotation from Orwell on the Wikipedia page explains: "Wigan has always been picked on as a symbol of the ugliness of the industrial areas. At one time, on one of the muddy little canals that run round the town, there used to be a tumble-down wooden jetty; and by way of a joke some nicknamed this Wigan Pier. The joke caught on locally, and then the music hall comedians got hold of it, and they are the ones who have succeeded in keeping Wigan Pier alive as a byword." 

(In Britain a pier is usually a place of recreation and entertainment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment