Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wondering

I've been writing this blog since 2011. I'm very grateful for its success (or what I consider its success-- the fact that it has regular readers and quite a lot of people seem to know about it is success to me). I'm happy if it gives anybody diversion, entertainment, stimulation, or any other kind of reward.

But I've just been watching an episode of The Journey Home programme on EWTN (well, on Youtube actually), featuring a military chaplain. It made me wonder about evangelisation and whether I have achieved anything in that regard-- or rather, whether I have been a conduit of evangelisation.

Are there any atheists or agnostics (or anyone else) out there who have been in any way drawn to the Faith through this blog? Or, indeed, any wavering Catholics who had their faith bolstered at all through this blog? I'd love to hear from you. You can email me at Maolsheachlann@gmail.com. It will be an encouragement to me.

I only know of two people who have been drawn to the Faith through my writing. I pray for both of them regularly (though to be honest it's been a while since I did). They were both already on the journey, but I was privileged to be a part of it.

I find myself wondering quite a lot whether my efforts at apologetics and evangelisation make any difference.

2 comments:

  1. You come across as a normal blokey bloke who has a life and a brain. And follow Christ. That is unusual and heartening. Keep writing, if you please.

    Sinéad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, to put it to a few words it´s been a blessing to read your writings. There are lots of solid thoughts and personal views given, and often that makes a good influence into Faith as well!
    Pax /Tomas.

    ReplyDelete