Monday, April 7, 2014

Me and Dale Ahlquist...

...the President of the American Chesterton Society, prior to the lecture he gave last week in the Mont Clare Hotel, hosted by the G.K. Chesterton Society of Ireland. I compèred for the evening. Apart from an embarrassing moment when I couldn't work out how to switch on the roving microphone, it went pretty well. There were about one hundred and thirty people there, I would say, and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

The video of the event (beginning just after my introduction and ending just before I returned to the podium!) can be found here.

The event was a great success and I need to thank my wife Michelle, my friend (and fellow Society founder) Angelo, David Quinn for the Iona Institute for their crucial financial and organizational role, Seamus for his advice and Anthony for being happy to help out on the night.

2 comments:

  1. Well... "help". Ha ha It was a good talk. Definitely interesting listening from the talk itself to the questions afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked you to help, you agreed, and it's much appreciated! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete