Saturday, October 26, 2013

I Was Thinking About Going to See the New Movie Ender's Game...

...then I read that various pressure groups are calling for it to be boycotted because Orson Scott Card, the writer of the source novel, is a devout Mormon who has spoken out against same-sex marriage.

Well, now I'm pretty sure I'm going to go see it. I only wish I could do so while munching on some Chick-Fil-A. (And no, this isn't an anti-gay thing. It's an anti-political correctness, anti-Thought-Police thing.)

3 comments:

  1. What's so wrong with supporting something that LGBT boycotts? If LGBT feel they can boycott and support what they want, then so can everyone else. They've got some nerve acting as if they're the ones granting people permission. All the best to the film, and Chick-Fil-A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's even more interesting (and perceptive) is the author's remark, as quoted on Wikipedia: "Now it will be interesting to see whether the victorious proponents of gay marriage will show tolerance toward those who disagreed with them when the issue was still in dispute." The illiberalism of liberalism never ceases to amaze me.

    By the way, thanks for commenting. I know lots of people read without commenting, which is fine, but it's nice to get some feedback, and I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem. I think there are some posts of yours that I don't comment on, though that's usually because I either don't know what to say or because I feel there's nothing I can really add.

    Liberalism is a bit of a funny term. It seems to have been hijacked for propaganda, as people who call themselves liberal usually aren't, as you said.

    ReplyDelete